Not the best of weeks as a critical incident at work, toothache , a cold and a temporarily missing cat all combined to make the past several days bloody awful. The critical incident I cannot say too much about other than myself and a good colleague intervened in time and helped the individual stay alive. Lots of kudos from senior managers for saving a life but the response from another team caused a lot of problems over the next few days. I have today off as I have accrued fourteen hours time owing and today it is sorely needed as aches and pains from the incident plus toothache and the emotional impact is now hitting home. We have had a debrief and next week we have a further debrief from a specialist psychologist which will help.
Mindy was the missing miscreant and we have no idea where she hid out last night because we searched the house top to bottom and I was out several times last night in the garden. She's the smallest, youngest and far from from street wise cat and the weather has been very windy with sleet and snow. Hence the worrying thoughts of her wandering off but she turned up this morning. She probably wandered back in through an inter dimensional portal after consorting with unicorns somewhere!
I have finally booked a dental appointment, going private and ironically at the same practice which used to offer emergency appointments but no longer does so. It's an infected tooth so antibiotics and I guess removal will be required as I believe the tooth is beyond saving. It has even stopped me doing any work on my latest build although this morning I made some progress on the figures for the bus. Boy, are they small...
All in all an interesting week and food for thought as I am getting too old for these shenanigans and perhaps a move to another less stressful team may be required. For today, coffee, music and painkillers and I am looking forward to the dentist tomorrow.
TTFN.
Mindy was the missing miscreant and we have no idea where she hid out last night because we searched the house top to bottom and I was out several times last night in the garden. She's the smallest, youngest and far from from street wise cat and the weather has been very windy with sleet and snow. Hence the worrying thoughts of her wandering off but she turned up this morning. She probably wandered back in through an inter dimensional portal after consorting with unicorns somewhere!
I have finally booked a dental appointment, going private and ironically at the same practice which used to offer emergency appointments but no longer does so. It's an infected tooth so antibiotics and I guess removal will be required as I believe the tooth is beyond saving. It has even stopped me doing any work on my latest build although this morning I made some progress on the figures for the bus. Boy, are they small...
All in all an interesting week and food for thought as I am getting too old for these shenanigans and perhaps a move to another less stressful team may be required. For today, coffee, music and painkillers and I am looking forward to the dentist tomorrow.
TTFN.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home