More progress on the armoured car with chipping reflecting a desert environment and a desert panel liner wash followed up by some pastels. I think it looks slightly overdone but there is still work to do including the tools, jerry cans and then I'll work on the figures. An odd scale at 1/32 when most of the kits I build is either 1/72 or 1/48 for aircraft or 1/35 for armour. This kept me occupied once we'd completed the shopping as the cats had run out of food and despite some sunshine today the wind ensured the cats remained indoors.
No.1 son is currently in Sweden and I collect him from the airport tomorrow. It's his 27th birthday today which made me stop and think. Where have the years gone?
Otherwise I am pottering around although doing very little and thinking of my return to work next Wednesday. So two more glorious days of freedom which I intend to enjoy weather permitting.
TTFN.


3 Comments:
Happy birthday, number 1, and I hope Sue is feeling better. Back and knee, yes, I understand. Enjoy your days off. Cheers!
I was working in the schools on Bovington Army Camp in Dorset when the first Gulf War started.
Over the weekend all the tanks turned sand coloured. An awful lot of the army kids were also covered in sand-coloured paint where they'd been hanging round with their dads while spray painting was taking place.
Almost everyone on the camp was involved in the painting in some way - irrespective of rank.
Yur tank brought that back very vividly!
Hope you're managing to relax and make the most of your days off.
Thank you folks.
Sherlock has acquired a sandy tinge from sitting on the paint brushes!
Post a Comment
<< Home