Evenin' all.
A quiet feet up and relax with music and a nice drop of whisky evening. Genesis playing ( The Musical Box) in the background and a quiet time for reflection. The whisky is 'Hogwash' from Aldi, a blend of various malt whiskies and a bargain at £14.99. First time I have had it and it is rather tasty.
The latest completed model, a Crusader Mk ii circa 1941 in the Western Desert of North Africa. I shan't bore you with details but I am pleased with this model and one of my favourites.
We also seem to have acquired a fifth cat on a part time basis. We call her / him Fluffy but she has matted fur, quite thin and despite enquiries we are no nearer to discovering if she has a home. With the warmer and slightly drier weather of late I model downstairs and I leave the back door open for the cats. Hence fluffy availing herself of the facilities. She is welcome although she has sprayed urine a couple of times which is not so welcome. She / He gets on well with the boys but not so well with the girls but we have seen some mellowing from them towards her.
She is incredibly friendly and quite a gentle cat with a funny trilling noise. Mrs C wants me to work with the local cat group to find her home / re-home her...You can guess what I would like! There's room for a fifth cat...
A reflective mood I hear you ask or not as the case may be? Just a couple of things recently that have given me cause to stop and take stock of life in general. I have applied for a part-time nursing job in a CMHT in a town I used to work in. Fingers crossed that having that background knowledge of the town and previous experience there will help at the interview. But also a reflection on how good my life is and how lucky I am compared to many people. I admit to having worked hard to attain this luck but a conversation with Mrs C about friends from the past who succumbed to alcohol and drug abuse made me think of this. I'm aware that I am attracted to 'damaged' people and I can immediately think of two friends who died as a consequence of their addiction. Happily, my addiction is food ( and coffee!) and I have an in-built stop button where alcohol is and in the past where drugs was concerned. Sadly, some people can't or won't stop. Hence my contentment with a quiet (lazy?) life where cats, music, books and modelling keep me occupied. Perhaps I am just of an age?!
The Small Faces is now playing and my glass needs a refill. That is Maisie encamped by the radiator and ensuring she is near me. I wish you all a good weekend, health and happiness.
TTFN.
A quiet feet up and relax with music and a nice drop of whisky evening. Genesis playing ( The Musical Box) in the background and a quiet time for reflection. The whisky is 'Hogwash' from Aldi, a blend of various malt whiskies and a bargain at £14.99. First time I have had it and it is rather tasty.
The latest completed model, a Crusader Mk ii circa 1941 in the Western Desert of North Africa. I shan't bore you with details but I am pleased with this model and one of my favourites.
We also seem to have acquired a fifth cat on a part time basis. We call her / him Fluffy but she has matted fur, quite thin and despite enquiries we are no nearer to discovering if she has a home. With the warmer and slightly drier weather of late I model downstairs and I leave the back door open for the cats. Hence fluffy availing herself of the facilities. She is welcome although she has sprayed urine a couple of times which is not so welcome. She / He gets on well with the boys but not so well with the girls but we have seen some mellowing from them towards her.
She is incredibly friendly and quite a gentle cat with a funny trilling noise. Mrs C wants me to work with the local cat group to find her home / re-home her...You can guess what I would like! There's room for a fifth cat...
A reflective mood I hear you ask or not as the case may be? Just a couple of things recently that have given me cause to stop and take stock of life in general. I have applied for a part-time nursing job in a CMHT in a town I used to work in. Fingers crossed that having that background knowledge of the town and previous experience there will help at the interview. But also a reflection on how good my life is and how lucky I am compared to many people. I admit to having worked hard to attain this luck but a conversation with Mrs C about friends from the past who succumbed to alcohol and drug abuse made me think of this. I'm aware that I am attracted to 'damaged' people and I can immediately think of two friends who died as a consequence of their addiction. Happily, my addiction is food ( and coffee!) and I have an in-built stop button where alcohol is and in the past where drugs was concerned. Sadly, some people can't or won't stop. Hence my contentment with a quiet (lazy?) life where cats, music, books and modelling keep me occupied. Perhaps I am just of an age?!
The Small Faces is now playing and my glass needs a refill. That is Maisie encamped by the radiator and ensuring she is near me. I wish you all a good weekend, health and happiness.
TTFN.

4 Comments:
A fifth! Don't tell my wife, I tell her it is a city law, 2 cats max.
Lol. Mrs C has said NO! I think if we had a city ordinance for two cats I'd be forever behind bars!
"I'm aware that I am attracted to 'damaged' people"
Yeah, I know that problem. I got lucky with Mr BW however as he is the most balanced and reasonable person I know :) (although he is beginning to learn the benefit of adopting a Very Hard Centre and Very Big Teeth, when the circumstances require, which they seem to more and more these days).
The modelling looks the equivalent of my textile and wooly crafts, and not doubt serves the same purpose.
I'll try Mr BW on the Hogwash - that's about half the price of what he would *like* to drink, but that's not happening these days!
I can whole heartedly recommend the Hogwash & Mrs C loves it too.
The modelling is very Zen as I am absorbed in it. Mrs C is astonished that I sit still and I am in a little relaxed bubble of peace, quiet and happiness. Even the difficult models and the problems I encounter pull me further in to resolve it.
Yes...damaged people which I believe says a lot about me. I believe a lot has been written about the children of abusive parents addicted to substances. Hence the modelling keeping me relaxed, sane and happy.
Post a Comment
<< Home