Thursday, March 01, 2018

The 'Beast from the East' has now met with 'Storm Emma' from the south west. Real feel of -16 C and biting winds with huge gusts. We've made the house as draught proof as possible but it is still cold. Layers on, heating on and hot drinks to hand as we have battened down the hatches. Cats are cosied up to various warm spots and we have no reason to venture out. It's No.1 son's 25th birthday and luckily he'd booked a couple of days off. He will hopefully have missed the worst of this weather when he returns to work next Monday and I am very glad I have no reason to venture out. Reading about the road closures around Lincolnshire and I recall previous winters where driving in the snow and ice made for fun and games. The local press showing the current state of play.


If the pooch was still with us we'd be out there now as she loved the snow and she would chase snowballs all day.
Stay in, keep warm and don't let the snowmen bite!
TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home