Sunday, November 06, 2016


I'm afraid I haven't got much to say hence the obligatory picture of the young ladies.
Work is extremely busy and with Halloween and Bonfire night out of the way the various media have cranked up the Xmas advertising to warp factor 15 and beyond. I have laid in a stock of books for the evenings as TV is approximately 90% rubbish so a good book, warmth, a comfy chair and the occasional glass of a good whisky  (current choice pictured below) will see me through the dark evenings.


Choice of book for this quiet, cold and wet Sunday is this offering from Ian Rankin which I am re-reading for the second time. Having increased my working week to four days per week for the foreseeable future I enjoy my quiet Sundays even more now. One advantage of working on the nursing bank is that I will be having a full two weeks off over the Xmas period. We also have to consider what a Xmas dinner consists of for No.1 son who has been a Vegan for the past few months. He has requested a stir fry which I will prepare and cook for him whilst Mrs C does our traditional dinner. I may also squeeze in a quick overnight trip to Colchester to see my mother and drop some presents off for her and the family. Personal gifts rather than the usual cards with vouchers although Mrs C suggested buy on line and get things delivered. For me, it is all about family and friends so I'll see as it means taking time off work. The trip there in the Mazda is relaxed compared to the old Suzi wagon but the traffic madness in bad weather leading up to Xmas is most definitely not enjoyable.


With the clocks having gone back and the evenings darkening ever, autumn is gradually moving towards winter hence the desire to stay in and wrap up warm. Amidst the modern technology I have is my favourite time piece, a fob watch and chain. This one is battery operated as wound watches tend to behave oddly when I wear them but the illusion of having an old fob watch is there. This was a present from Mrs C a few years back and it does afford me some satisfaction to wear it.
However, time moves on and I will return back to the book and a cup of Rosie.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I have always loved fob watches. Didn't know you could get battery ones!

8:09 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Yes, although I would love to have an old fob watch. I find it in odd places as the cats usually get hold of it if I leave around.

3:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home