Friday, August 01, 2014

Pinch! Punch! First of the month & no returns!



Tis August and so we bowl ever onwards into summer. Cloudy and overcast today but still it remains warm and humid. To celebrate the end of the working week I have eaten a delicious chicken shish kebab and I am now drinking cold cider, scrumpy to be precise. Cloudy, strong and from the taste it is possibly hallucinogenic too. It has been a busy and, in some respects, a difficult week for me. I can't yet go into too many details but I may be forced into looking for new work having stood my ground on a particular issue. Watch this space...
On a more positive note, work is busy and I am enjoying it despite the frustrations and bull shit I encounter. I like the clients and I like my work colleagues plus I am never too far from home. I have also rediscovered weekends and particularly Sundays which truly is a day of rest (laziness) for me. More cider required as I end six days sobriety and spotify tuned to Rock music...
TTFN.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

It's so refreshing to hear of another person who has morals and standards and will stand up and be counted for their beliefs, irrespective of the results.

If there were more of us, the world would be a better place.

9:33 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

My guess would be they tried to change the terms you accepted when you were hired somehow. Travel, schedule or additional responsibilities without commensurate compensation?
Whatever it is, that sucks.
I'm raising one for you now. Cheers, Delcatto!

12:25 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Morning and thank you folks.
Hungover here...

11:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home