Sunday, July 27, 2014

Up at 06.30 this morning despite a very late night drinking Bourbon and listening to music. Chores and gardening completed by 10.00 and a pot of freshly brewed coffee as I sit back and put my feet up. I can only put it down to the sunshine and fresh air after a day spent at Cleethorpes for the air show.



It was a beautiful hot sunny day with huge blue skies and we caught the train the one stop to Cleethorpes and joined the 70,000 +  people who also enjoyed the spectacle. Lots of families including three generations plus dogs and the day had a festival air about it. My photographic skills combined with the bright sun and slow reactions meant most of my photos were rubbish and unusable but I managed to grab a couple of nice shots.


Pilots and aircraft showing off their acrobatic skills, an autogyro and the Red Devils parachute team plus Spitfires and Hurricane flying above us, all marvellous to see and enjoy. We managed to find one restaurant with a table free where we had fish, chips and mushy peas for lunch plus the inevitable cups of tea. Lots of walking amidst the noise and hustle and bustle of the crowds. All in all a wonderful day out and we caught the sun. It's on again today and there will also be a fly past by a Lancaster bomber plus the Spitfire and Hurricane. I'll be ensconced in the garden with my camera ready to catch it if it passes over, so fingers crossed they do so.

This video is part 1 of four from 2013 and gives you a good idea what it's like on the day, courtesy of East Coast Pictures...


I think I may need to consider buying a better camera if I want to capture the sights and images I saw at the show. There were many air enthusiasts there and some had some serious and undoubtedly expensive equipment with them. I don't think I'll go that far but perhaps a basic digital camera with better lenses might help. Something to consider at a future date perhaps. Enjoy the video and I'm off to soak up more of the sun in the garden.

TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home