Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Bugger!
Rik Mayall has died at far too young an age and oddly enough I feel we have lost an individual who brought laughter, joy and made one think. From the Young One's, Bottom, Alan B'Stard, etc.. he weaved an anarchic course through British comedy.


It's also a shock to realise that he was only two years older than me and he has died suddenly. I feel sad for his wife and especially his children who are also having to cope with the glare of media attention and the interest of idiots like me. 


Hopefully he has gone to cause mayhem beyond those fabled pearly gates and returning occasionally to haunt that tosser Ben Elton. I saw the latter live at the Earth Exchange during the eighties in a tiny room but I never did get to see Rik Mayall. As another blogger says "They are being taken from our pen now". RIP Rik you funny mad old bugger...

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Looking for Blue Sky said...

You see that's the thing, if he's old, so are we, speaking as someone who is also only a few years younger. Another one gone too soon :(

6:30 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Hello and welcome to my humble blog.
Yes, he was young in my eyes and sadly taken too soon. Mind you. I feel the cold more readily and my bones creak so I must also be old despite feeling 21 at the back of my mind.

10:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home