Friday, April 04, 2014

Looking through the back catalogue of this blog and I realised it is nearly its eighth birthday. Cue cake, candles and confetti...

                                       
I am surprised that it has been going so long especially since I considered on several occasions that I should call it a day. But it also acts as a useful aide memoire for me despite self censorship and a desire to maintain a low profile because of my job. I also considered stopping because at times I had little of interest to say.


I can't have The Count without adding Fozzie bear, two of my favourite characters from Sesame Street.

But I will be starting a new chapter by returning to work (Today I filled in forms! forms! More forms!) in the near future and I have given some thought as to what I need to do in the immediate future and thence longer term. Realistically, given good health, I possibly have another 20 - 25 years left on this mortal coil and I would like to use and enjoy those years left to me. But for now, a weekend of some gardening and some house chores will keep me occupied. The plumbers visit yesterday reminded me that there are always jobs to keep on top of in an old house. A beer tonight and here's to the next eight years of blogging!

TTFN.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Happy Blogday, Delcatto! I dedicate my next drink to you! Cheers!

11:11 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers Scoakat!
I'll raise a glass to your good health tonight.

7:22 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Happy Blogday!

I too have been having similar thoughts about time left / what to do... and about blogging, but there are so few of us left who write about a variety of things (and more than what they had for lunch or what new produt they have been sent to review/promote).

8:05 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers BW!

I have been considering what it is I really want to do with my time. I still have to work for the next several years and I would prefer part time. That way I can get in some travel. We'll see but for now I need to be patient.

2:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home