Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Missing in Acton...

*Creeps in from stage left*

I'll just blow the cobwebs off the blog and sweep the dust away after nearly three weeks absence. There, that's better although the half eaten apple core in the corner was a surprise.


I have taken the Queen's shilling and accepted an offer of work. I attended the interview which went well, probably because I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Nine months of relaxation and little stress during my break from employment helped enormously. They phoned back yesterday and offered me a job and I have accepted it. It is local with a possible commute of no more than two miles as they are currently going through a process of relocation. It is also Monday - Friday and 9 - 5, so all of the appropriate boxes have been ticked for me. Oddly enough, I found that waiting for the phone call regarding the application success or not was more stressful. Now it is a matter of waiting for my references to go through and an agreed starting date, possibly in April. The job itself is as a community mental health nurse plus my amhp duties. I am excited as well as apprehensive but I am looking forward to rejoining the fray. The area the team will cover is small compared to my previous jobs so mileage will be minimal. As may be imagined, Mrs C is delighted because I will be out of her hair and she can reclaim the house without my interference!

Apropos the above, after nearly three weeks of total abstinence I had a few beers last night to celebrate... I think I will abstain for another few weeks given my aching head this morning. I decided that slimming world dieting was being defeated by my fondness for the ale. Sadly, scientific research for non-fattening beer has been so far unsuccessful. I am off for more tea and to rest my sore head.

TTFN.


6 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Achoo! *sniff*, sorry about the apple core, I may have dropped it last time I was here.

Congratulations on the new job! It sounds just like what you wanted. There's nothing wrong with a little drink, but even I don't know when to say enough sometimes. Hope you feel better!

12:43 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers Scoakat.
Fresh air and lots of tea has helped.

2:32 pm  
Anonymous Seany said...

Congrats on the new job. Doing something you want to do on more reasonable terms sounds like a good deal to me. Well at least until the right six numbers are called out Saturday evening :)

6:07 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Gosh, my spells are going very well of late, what with this and yesterday's Budget ;)

Congratulations, and at least you know what retirement *could* feel like now...

11:23 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers folks for your good wishes.

Seany: I'm still hopeful although placing a bet on asteroid / earth interface might give me better odds!

BW: I thought I felt a little magic in the air. I am hoping that once I've been in the job for a while I may do a deal on a camper van for my eventual real retirement.

12:12 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers folks for your good wishes.

Seany: I'm still hopeful although placing a bet on asteroid / earth interface might give me better odds!

BW: I thought I felt a little magic in the air. I am hoping that once I've been in the job for a while I may do a deal on a camper van for my eventual real retirement.

12:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home