Saturday, March 29, 2014

I haven't posted much this month because I currently have little of note to say. I continue to trawl the net for news as well as reading my favourite blogs and there is certainly no shortage of news. Ukraine, missing planes, Syria and the recent face to face of Cleggy and Compo in 'The Last of the European Whine'. However, others usually write better and more incisive stuff and any comments I'd make would not make the slightest bit of difference.
 Where is the missing aircraft?
 My answer: "Buggered if I know" which also sums up most of the current media response apart from the alien abduction / Big Foot / Princess Diana conspiracy theories put forward by some of the more enlightened folk out there.
Is Putin gay and is his Russian expansionism an expression of his closeted frustration?
 "No idea although some rough trade at Ivans truck stop might alleviate this?"
Syria?..  "?"*

As for Cleggy and Farage, the political, media and other elites could do with a substantial kick up the arse and for many people UKIP meet that need. Yes, some of them are barking mad what with gay rainbows, brown people under the bed and "The Archers" losing its credibility as a middle England middle-class middle-aged radio soap (I never listen to it). I will vote for them in the EU elections in May but as for next year... I really don't know. I support gay marriage, I have no problem with muliculturalism although I do have concerns about pandering to religious fanatics whether muslim or christian. Separate religion from all state concerns and ensure it remains a private matter. i.e. No religious schools or in parliament (Elected second chamber required!). But voting for them as a protest against t'others gives me pause for thought because was this not the slippery slope in Twenties and Thirties Germany? A populist politician with simple sounding solutions to complex problems? I don't know but it feels uncomfortable. If you get the chance to watch it The Nazis: A warning from history is well worth it. Frightening and unfortunately something similar can happen again. Look at Bosnia, Rwanda and the current situation in Syria... hence my concerns about politicians with slogans and simplistic solutions to complex problems.

Here's a solution...



... because I certainly have no answers.

TTFN.

* Short version of FUBAR.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home