Friday, October 26, 2012



It's not long now to Halloween and our street was chock a block with miniature zombies, ghosts and other assorted creatures of the night. The local school had a Halloween disco hence the zombie invasion. It drove the dog nuts as she glowered out the window at the odd creatures running by in howling their heads off. As it is I booked a long weekend off because this is my favourite time of the year. The weather is now considerable colder, lots of fog, spooky stories and invigorating beers and whisky bought in to see me through. It is also Mrs C's birthday so we will have a celebratory meal and being sensible folk she has asked for sensible presents. But it is lovely to have some time off together especially since No.1 son is out working. Mrs.C hasn't seen much of either of us over this past week. I drew the short straw and I have been out providing the training to various care / nursing homes across the county. I enjoyed it but my voice was decidedly croaky by Thursday evening. In a couple of the homes I had to "project, Darlings" to be heard over the cacophony of call bells, chattering staff and residents intrigued by my presentation... "Does 'e do 'is turn yet? I likes a comic but I 'ope 'e's not as rude as Max Miller". I found that focusing upon the chatting staff soon ensures they pay attention whilst keeping shtum. I presented at one care home last year where a resident started singing, refused to leave or to stop... I gave up and joined in with her!
This weekend shall be spent on much needed R & R and hopefully a few ghost stories on the wireless.
TTFN.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

4:30 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you for your invitation Mr Finnell but we are leagues apart where religion is concerned so I will decline your kindly meant invitation.

7:38 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Happy birthday to Mrs. C!

and agreed.

11:25 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks Scoakat. I'll pass your message on.

11:23 am  
Anonymous farmland investment said...

A bit odd to get a request from this type of blog. I fear might have replied a bit more argumentatively myself!

3:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home