Thursday, October 11, 2012



Hoorah! I seem to have emerged at the end of a long dark tunnel.
Oddly enough I felt a "dark cloud" lifting today and I feel slightly more perkier.
It might sound like nonsense to some people but I do feel somewhat better and I feel ready to deal with the world. Mind you... looking at the media I just think...
"Shit! What a bloody shambles!".
I will concentrate on the little corner which I happen to occupy for now, the world...I'll tackle later.

No.1 son is employed.... Hallelujah! The job centre was as helpful as chainmail speedoes in the backstroke and we found the job via an advert on t'internet. He is now working in a local manufactory where fishy products are produced. He's happy and up and at' em at 5 a.m. and early to bed as he is suitably shattered after work. He'll be working late shifts next week but he is happy to be in employment. We are also suitably relieved and can now sit back and let him crack on with life.
I am awaiting my warrant as an AMHP and I am busy as ever. My poor little motor is overworked as she hammers up and down the A roads and motorways of the English East Midlands.  I have been beavering away and putting in the usual ten hour days. We had a welcome get together as a full team yesterday in a training session / update with a lawyer which was informative and entertaining. I have also apparently become an "Advanced Practitioner" and an expert in my field. By the gods, are they crazy? I had some last minute nerves and applied for another job as I panicked and thought "I can no longer do this...I'm a fraud". A helpful friend pointed out that I am good at my job and a relative of someone I assessed thanked me for my help and stated I was the first professional they had met who took the time and effort to listen to them and explain things. It made me feel good but also saddened me that they had to wait so long to receive help. But praise always beats the brickbats and ordure all too willingly thrown at us. So I have decided to gird my loins and shoulder my responsibilities as the last of a generation of public servants. After my generation the lights will go out and the dark ages will descend. I read the news about Greece, Spain and the Middle East... life will go on and it's good but the world has changed and most people do not realise it yet. I really must stop reading novels about the last days of the Roman Empire but the parallels are fascinating.
Time to away and Al green playing on Spotify, a cheeky Czech Pilsner to whet my whistle as tomorrow is a much needed paperwork day. If it ain't recorded it didn't happen and the rapidly increasing rush to payments by results means I'd better get it electronically recorded.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Absolutely, yes to all you say, historically and poitically.

Pleased your son has found gainful employment. And I'm glad that your professionalism and experience have *finally* been recognised.

5:37 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you BW.
For me the best news is that of my son gaining employment. One huge sigh of relief and he's a changed young man.

7:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home