Saturday, February 26, 2011

I don't smoke and having given up cigarettes in 1985, I have no intention of smoking again. But Mrs C. does smoke, she enjoys it and over the past year she changed to roll yer own. I quite like the smell of rolling tobacco although I hate the smell of readymades, apart from Gauloises which were my preferred brand all those years ago. But the link below and following the Underdog plus the inevitable tax hike in the next budget gives me further horticultural ideas...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/25/nyregion/25tobacco.html?_r=1


After all, stress relieving gardening, a craft hobby, cheap baccy for Mrs C. and fewer taxes towards the government. A good result all round. I shall have to discuss it with her although she won't eat any of the fruit and veg I grow preferring shop bought! There's a chance she may refuse to smoke home grown tobacco. I like the scent of pipe tobacco and cigars so I just need a maidens dusky or not so dusky thighs on which to roll home grown Cubans!
TTFN.

This site is more pertinent for the UK.

3 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

I tried home grown tobacco once - by far the most disgusting thing I ever smoked! But as the plants were from someone at work rather than from seed, I was never sure that it was the right variant of nicotiana

7:25 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I would concur with Seany - I've known of several people who've tried to smoke dried nicotiana (flowers from garden centres) leaves... and regretted it.

Maybe if you persuaded Mrs C to give up the fags she'd be able to taste the difference between home-grown and shop-bought? ;)

Hope the cats' recovery is continuing well.

4:49 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

She's not interested in yet another of my daft ideas so back to the tomatoes. I have given up trying to encourage her to quit the weed.
The cats are doing well with Tigger slowly recovering with good food, sleep and plenty of TLC.

8:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home