Thursday, September 30, 2010

So that was fifty and I have emerged on the other side of it. Nope, nothing remarkable has happened and I feel much the same as usual. I have received a plethora of 50+ savings, insurance, etc papers in the post and directed them straight to the recycle bin. I received birthday greetings via emails, facebook, telephone and the traditional cards. Several excellent dvd's await my pleasure as well as a pile of new books. I have also received a polite 'summons' to Ireland just as the banks there have moved beyond tits up! Interesting times indeed with marches and protests in various parts of Europe. After six days off I feel suitably chilled and I enjoyed the sunshine today walking the dog an extra few miles...she's still sleeping. I also finally tackled the weeds in the front garden as the rain finally let up. The world has been gray and damp over the past five days as the country moved into it's default setting. So today's sunshine is more than welcome and I'll be heading out again to make the most of it.
TTFN.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Happy B-day Delcatto! Enjoy your day and don't let the weight of the world bring you down.

3:55 pm  
Blogger Bill Sticker said...

The great thing about all those extra '50+' fliers is that you'll never be short of firelighters again.

Welcome to the dark side, young Skywalker.

5:07 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers guys!

5:55 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Sorry I missed it... have been a bit sidetracked of late. But, Happy Belated Birthday!

9:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home