Tuesday, September 07, 2010


Hallelujah!
No.1 was contacted yesterday and invited for a job 'interview' today and he starts work next week as an electrical apprentice for four days per week. He is walking on air and we are all very happy. He has already spent his wages for the first six months: driving licence and lessons, iPhone, etc... He'll be working with one day a week at college. He joins the world of work and reality that many of us enjoy. I am hopeful that this will round off some of the sharp teenage edges (attitudes). But he's happy, we are happy and long may this happiness last. He has done well and I am immensely proud of him.
Otherwise Monday spent travelling around Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire working at best interests and coping with vehicle crashes and lorries losing their loads. The morning show on BBC Radio Sheffield is entertaining and needed to be as I crawled very slowly down the M1. I made the mistake of taking an alternate route home and met with the lorry losing it's load. The best of Deep Purple, Rainbow and Whitesnake helped me with that. After five hours of travelling yesterday I thought 'Sod the gales and rain' and walked the pooch a fair distance just to unwind my body and mind. The ibuprofen helped as well. Time for a further walk...
TTFN.

7 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you all!

6:45 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you Scoakat. He's still walking on air and happy. I have opted to relax with a glass of my favourite brandy after a lengthy walk during which I bumped into a variety of strange peopleand one extremely attractive young woman in a low cut top who was much taken with the pooch. It cheered me up no end!

10:39 pm  
Blogger Bill Sticker said...

Only 4 days a week as a sparky's apprentice? Apprentices used to work the full five days and do evening classes as well. What happened?

Excellent news anyway. Always work for a good Electrician.

1:31 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

One day a week in college & a full weeks work squeezed into four days.

8:35 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Fantastic news, doubly so given the current economic climate. One less thing to worry about too :)

4:05 pm  
Blogger TheFatBigot said...

Oh my goodness me, I thought I'd left a suitable message when first reading this a couple of days ago. Please forgive me.

What absolutely splendid news. I am quite convinced getting into the world of work is infinitely harder today than when I were a lad, so to read of someone getting just the breakthrough he wanted lifts the heart.

Good luck to the boy.

6:05 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you FB. I am still having to pinch myself because the employment situation around here really is dire.

3:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home