Monday, March 22, 2010

I seem to have spent the day attempting to log in on various computers at work and here at home. No problems with t'internet but huge problems having my passwords recognised. Spookily enough this has happened on various systems. Either I have acquired dyslexia overnight, the government spies are ineptly blocking me or I am an oaf? My money is on the last one. I have also had my first alcoholic drink this evening after two weeks abstinence. Very nice too...Badger 'Golden Glory' which went down a treat.
Seany, you will need to sit down...I went off alcohol. I couldn't drink it. No appeal to me whatsoever which is a first for me. Maybe I just got bored with it or I really had no taste for it and it didn't bother me at all. If I went off curries or tea I would be very worried because both are necessary to sustain life. Maybe it's an age thing and I'll be wearing beige next and wanting to play golf. However, I treated myself to a malt whisky I haven't tried before. Mrs C. liked the look of the bottle: "That'll look nice with a candle in it" so I gave it a go. I will try a glass this weekend when I am not at work and give my opinion then.








I am a great fan of some malt whiskies with Old Pulteney, Springbank, Bunnahabhain and Dalwhinnie producing some of my favourites. I bought this bottle bearing in mind the next budget is due and I am sure the government of all the talentless (and clueless) will slap a huge tax hike on alcohol.



This bottle should last me ages unless Mrs C. gets her hands on it. She has a fondness for the usquebaugh (water of life) but at least she now knows not to add coke to a good malt! I had to lie down in a darkened room for an hour or two...But from time to time I do like to sit down and relax after work with a good book and a glass of a good malt. Preferably during winter in front of a roaring log fire whilst it is lashing down outside. But spring has finally and thankfully arrived and I'll happily have a glass after doing some serious gardening this weekend, weather permitting. What are your favourite tipples then?
TTFN.

4 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

OK, where's Delcatto and what are you doing updating his blog?

For quite some time now I have enjoyed the benefits of alcohol free periods - better known to most as weekdays.

This Saturday night however, instead of enjoying a box of red and copius helpings of Spotify, I will be making a return visit to the Tap as Andy is in town for the evening to introduce his new ladyfriend...

8:54 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

We are likely to be in as well. I'd planned Friday night out & then realised I'm on a late and on call Friday before my weekend off!

8:22 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

I'm not as much of a connoisseur, though that would change if I got out more. I drink Jack Daniels with pepsi when out, and Old Thompson(cheap) with caffeine free pepsi at home.
The longest I've gone this year is only 2 or 3 days once, probably when sick. I do drink more often than I drink alot, though.

10:17 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

The Glenrothes is very tasty with just a drop of water.

9:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home