Thursday, March 18, 2010















This 'lazy nurse' (read any daily maul lazy inaccurate article re. nursing if you must) earned his crust twice over yesterday. Two hours unpaid overtime and I didn't even have time for a cup of tea, let alone a meal break. Crisis referrals came in thick and fast plus emergencies as we rattled around the county attending to each one. I finally got home at midnight having started work at 1.30 pm. Today is a most welcome day off and apart from walking/swimming the mutt plus some necessary shopping (Teabags! I can't survive without tea), I have spent it nursing a dreadful headache. Stress from yesterday is the probable reason. I also received some welcome news today regarding a work colleague but I must save that for another day.

On the work front the rumour mill is working overtime regarding work rationalisation and efficient work practices. It is likely that teams will be amalgamated and middle management will feel the sharpened blades as cuts take effect. I only hope that unnecessary admin and bureaucracy will also be addressed in a similar fashion.
As for me troubles (sotto voce) down below....I have a scan next week at the local hospital. Worryingly, the GP does not believe it is a hernia but something is obviously amiss hence the scan. I just want to find out what is wrong and get it dealt with. I'm away now to waste time on a meaningless but suitably therapeutic computer game.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

With the work you do I feel guilty about my small complaint today. Also, good luck with the uh, you know.

11:49 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers Scoakat. Happily I do enjoy my work when management, government interference and other assorted twats allow my colleagues and I to do it.It's the people that make it enjoyable.

8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home