Tuesday, March 09, 2010














If you will excuse the poor pun* but I could not go with the original photos I thought of downloading...I'm rather squeamish where my own health is concerned. I have a femoral hernia, possibly two hernias. I will be seeing my GP again this week and requesting I go on the list for surgery. I have gone through the various phases: 'ignore it, it's not happening'; 'Wishful and magical thinking' i.e. It will heal itself and the 'self maudlin' stage. I have arrived at the 'give me gas and Jack Daniels and just mend the fuckers' stage because the discomfort, pain and inability to do anything without feeling eighty years old is really wearing me down. Lifting a sack of spuds today did not really help the situation...hence the now double hernia.
Fingers crossed that the Dept. of Health propaganda is genuine and it is not a long waiting list.
TTFN.

* No offence meant to any American readers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Wow, Del. That can't be fun at all. All my best of luck wishes. Now I gotta go read again to see where I should be offended!

1:14 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Sadly a lot of US GI's were killed during the battle and I have no desire to sully their sacrifices.

10:28 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

I didn't see it that historical way, I saw it in your painful situation context. No worries here!

2:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home