Oops! I am getting tardy although I can blame real life for interfering with my virtual world. You have to excuse me as I tuck into quorn escalopes with rice and beans...lovely. I can't for the life of me persuade other family members to eat quorn even when I tell them that population growth & increasing food demands will lead to expensive meat available only for the parliamentary/EU masters and obligatory qourn for all of us peons. It tastes good to me and perhaps there is a need for a vegetarian takeaway using quorn, felafel and beany products. Maybe in trendy Islington but sadly I don't think Grimsby is ready for it yet.

I was a veggie for two and a half years whilst sharing a flat in sunny Highgate with three vegetarian women. It was easier to do that then cope with the reasonable yet relentless arguments from liberal lefty right-on people because I had grilled bacon yet again. I had also returned to full-time studying at university for a year and a veggie diet was cheaper. Occasionally following a liquid night out I would awake to find a still wrapped and untouched cold doner kebab on the kitchen table whilst my flatmates sprinkled holy water around it. Mind you, when I explained the use of fish bladders to fine beers it was worth it to see the looks on their faces. The most righteous of them I caught eating bacon one day. I returned to eating meat after meeting Mrs C. who does not believe a meal is complete unless there is meat central to it. I can take it or leave it hence I like the quorn products. It looks and taste like chicken and is low in fat which nowadays ticks a couple of boxes for me.
I'm wanted at the door...
TTFN.

I was a veggie for two and a half years whilst sharing a flat in sunny Highgate with three vegetarian women. It was easier to do that then cope with the reasonable yet relentless arguments from liberal lefty right-on people because I had grilled bacon yet again. I had also returned to full-time studying at university for a year and a veggie diet was cheaper. Occasionally following a liquid night out I would awake to find a still wrapped and untouched cold doner kebab on the kitchen table whilst my flatmates sprinkled holy water around it. Mind you, when I explained the use of fish bladders to fine beers it was worth it to see the looks on their faces. The most righteous of them I caught eating bacon one day. I returned to eating meat after meeting Mrs C. who does not believe a meal is complete unless there is meat central to it. I can take it or leave it hence I like the quorn products. It looks and taste like chicken and is low in fat which nowadays ticks a couple of boxes for me.
I'm wanted at the door...
TTFN.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home