Monday, January 18, 2010
















I am still fuming. Last week we had snow, icy winds and less than generally clement weather. No.1 son walking to college with a hoodie on and a scarf wrapped around his face to keep out the cold. Plastic plod (pcso) approaches and demands he remove his hoodie. Son replies no and walks on....plastic plod then harrasses my son for a further few minutes insisting he removes his hoodie. Son continues to reply no and eventually responds with 'What laws am I breaking by wearing a hoodie?' He continued to walk away and ignored the jumped up uniformed moron. It reminds me of the 'Not the Nine O'Clock News' sketch: Wearing a loud shirt in a built up area during the hours of daylight. Except that this really happened and the plastic plod was exceeding his very limited powers. Result: another teenager who thinks little of the police and questions why they can't tackle real crime.
What astonshes me is that I contrast this with the gutsy five foot tall and all of seven stone female pcso whom I watched tell off a gang of morons outside the local shop last year. She obviously has balls and the numpty who stopped my son is still waiting for his to drop. As my son so eloquently put it "Wanker".
TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne Jones said...

Only an idiot would demand someone remove their headwear in sub zero temperatures. But you've raised a son to be proud of - a young man with the confidence and self-assurance to stand up for himself.

7:20 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thankyou. I'm pleased he dealt with it in a calm, assured adult manner.

10:46 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I call them plastic teapots.

Trouble is, if you report them, I'm sure you just go on their 'hit list'. The one they claim not to have, but everyone knows they do.

9:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home