Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mrs.C and I decided to enjoy a gentle stroll over the Humber Bridge and enjoy the wonders of nature. The sun shone, other walkers greeted us and all was right with the world. Many miles later, tired, dehydrated and wishing we had eaten a breakfast we fell into a delightful pub in Barton (The Queens). Delightful, despite the absence of real ale, because the food was excellent. Presentation, taste, service...all of a high standard and we shall be going there again. We drank real coke instead and the staff were friendly and helpful.
















I again forgot the camera and I took some piccies on my shiny new phone. Quality may not be of the highest standard and I'll attempt to transfer them tomorrow.
Ooh! Me plates are blistered and sore. A footspa, pampering and powdered as there are huge blisters on both feet.Ouch! I say, Ouch!
Sadly the pooch left at home but she did have two looonng walks yesterday, hence my sore feet (Did I mention them?)...chase the ball in the garden instead.
This week off is mainly to recharge my batteries although I am still studiously attending to my OU stuff. However, one last assignment due in two weeks time and the last of the coursework. Just the exam in October but I do feel a sense of achievement and impending relief. I have lined up two possible courses for next year and I have to decide which one. Although again studying at level three they are both for thirty points so hopefully less demanding in time, although if I choose to study the Latin course, that will be demanding. Given that I am likely to move up to the next level in the psychotherapy training I will probably plump for the other course 'The Professions in early modern England'. Let this be a lesson to any young whippersnappers out there: wine, women, songs and other distractions will still be there after you have completed your education in your teens and early twenties. Learn from my many mistakes and stupidities or you'll end up doing it all much later in life and it ain't easy. Mind you, I enjoyed those years although some of them I really cannot remember...
I have chosen to return to history rather than health & social care because it is so much more interesting, enjoyable and my life after nursing, whenever that day comes will be in that direction. Hence my desire to learn latin so that I may use the primary sources.

Beer this evening: 'Satanic Mills' from the Charles Wells brewery.

Music: A mixture of Richard Thompson, Radiohead, New Psychedelia (various), The Flying Burrito Brothers, Led Zepp, Robert Plant, etc...I am just an old hippie really.

More beer required and some Bombay mix nibbles...

TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home