Today I have been mostly chillin' and studying, with some cool music in the background....well, classical that is. I can't concentrate if the music draws me in so the same classical tracks go on and I can concentrate on my studies. When Brahms or Mozart is played I immediately reach for the books.
Just a little something that amused me today altho' No.1 stated it was not funny.

I promised a review of some beers I bought at 'Beers of Europe' the other day so here are a couple...
Daleside Chocolate Stout:Rich, creamy with a roasted and chocolate flavour. Lovely scent and rich warm mouthfeel. Bitterness after the initial chocolatey velvet taste - fruity and coffeeish flavours in the mix. A beer I will definitely try again and if I am up and about the Harrogate area, I will look out for it on draught.
Okell's 'Aile': Described as a smoked Celtic porter. It was not bottle conditioned. A slight smokey scent and a subtle 'burnt' smokey flavour, malty and a definite peatiness to it. Everything I enjoy in a malt whisky. I've drunk smoked beers in Germany and this did not compare. I suspect it would be better on draught. But us 'Celts' must stick together...
Orkney 'Dark Island': Warm, fruity, coffeeish and a chocolate taste with a slight smokiness. I enjoyed this beer although not as good as the Daleside. Somewhat thin mouthfeel compared with that one.
Of the three the Daleside definitely came out top, possibly because it was a bottle conditioned ale and nearer the taste of a draught ale.
That's all folks.
TTFN.
Just a little something that amused me today altho' No.1 stated it was not funny.

I promised a review of some beers I bought at 'Beers of Europe' the other day so here are a couple...
Daleside Chocolate Stout:Rich, creamy with a roasted and chocolate flavour. Lovely scent and rich warm mouthfeel. Bitterness after the initial chocolatey velvet taste - fruity and coffeeish flavours in the mix. A beer I will definitely try again and if I am up and about the Harrogate area, I will look out for it on draught.
Okell's 'Aile': Described as a smoked Celtic porter. It was not bottle conditioned. A slight smokey scent and a subtle 'burnt' smokey flavour, malty and a definite peatiness to it. Everything I enjoy in a malt whisky. I've drunk smoked beers in Germany and this did not compare. I suspect it would be better on draught. But us 'Celts' must stick together...
Orkney 'Dark Island': Warm, fruity, coffeeish and a chocolate taste with a slight smokiness. I enjoyed this beer although not as good as the Daleside. Somewhat thin mouthfeel compared with that one.
Of the three the Daleside definitely came out top, possibly because it was a bottle conditioned ale and nearer the taste of a draught ale.
That's all folks.
TTFN.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home