Trying to publish anything to blogger these days is becoming increasingly difficult including uploading pictures. I might have to consider another platform but I shall persevere for now.
I have started a couple of new builds, a comparison really of the Airfix starter kit and the JAYs model Airfix. Although different marks of the Spitfire the aircraft are very similar but I want to see how building each compares. The Airfix kit I decided against airbrushing as I wanted to use the Humbrol paints included with the kit and I brush painted them.
The first coats of paint are on and next step is to allow a full 24 hours drying time if not longer before I apply the second coats. I am not happy with the green and brown colours but we’ll see how it turns out. The Mk.IXc from JAYs models required careful removal from the sprues, use of a cordless rotary tool to sand the excess plastic and I scratch built a cockpit. It is a basic kit, lots of sanding, filling and scribing required, proper modelling. I used a talcum powder / CA glue mix for filler on the wings and later a Vallejo putty filler for the seams. I will airbrush this kit as a post war Israeli aircraft but the aluminium paint I used for the Stranraer kit caused my airbrush to jam up. More thinner required perhaps but I had thinned it and added a paint retarder. I’ll try the Tamiya silver paint instead, suitably thinned and maybe two coats.
The weather has really changed here as it is now cooler and lots of foggy mornings. I managed a final grass cut yesterday supervised from the kitchen window by Winnie who remains an indoor cat. I would like to test out whether she will return home after being allowed out but the stress of her not returning is too much for us. The other cats are spending more time in as cold and damp weather is definitely not to their liking.



3 Comments:
Do you back up photos, say, on your phone, to Google? If so you can just add them straight from there in Blogger instead of uploading. That's all I do anymore.
Not sure about my video issues, but let me know if you learn anything.
Thanks Scott. I hadn’t considered backing them up to google. I usually just save to my iPad as I use Apple products (Mac and iPad) so I might try that.
I don’t really add videos to my blog but I might try out an experiment, see what happens.
Trying to do anything online these days is much more difficult than it used to be.
And other platforms are likely to disappear in time - Typepad is the latest casualty I've noticed.
- BW
Post a Comment
<< Home