Monday, September 01, 2025

 A new month and apparently we are now in autumn with the heavy clouds and showers over the last couple of days supporting that. I am currently suffering from an infected tooth and since my dentist closed down I have spent today so far trying to book an emergency appointment. I was offered one appointment in two weeks time by one dental practice! If needs be I will try to source antibiotics from the GP and chase up a dental appointment.

As the weather has been up and down with heavy rain at times I have spent time working at the model table.


The Fokker D VIII now has the wing, spars and undercarriage cemented in today using CA glue. I will leave this to set and then look at further painting and clear coating.


The Zero is fully painted and awaiting the decals and I will lightly weather it.


The Supermarine Stranraer is a slow work in progress and I have not been able to find suitable decals to replace the toasty decals that came with the kit. I have spare odds and ends in my decals spares box which I will use and I will attempt to paint the other markings in using homemade templates. The RAF crews nicknamed this aircraft the “Whistling shithouse” and I’ll leave it up to you few readers of this rubbish to look it up!

TTFN.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone told me the other day that if you ring 111 they will find you a dentist who can help in these situations. I don't know if that is in every area though? Hope you get some relief soon.

Very autumnal up here now too. The gardens and reservoirs do need the rain though.

- BW

3:54 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Good luck with the tooth, I hope 111 can help. But do contact the GP if needed, the dentist may need to wait for the infection to clear before doing what needs to be done so get started now.

Good laugh at the last model. I don't think I'll look that up!

9:28 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Yes, 111 to the rescue!

The infection trickled out and I realised the pressure and pain had lessened. Judicious application of finger pressure expelled the rest, not pleasant but it did the trick. When I arrived at the emergency dentist this evening he was able to extract the offending tooth. I will sleep tonight and mighty grateful to 111.

Thank you for your kind words.

10:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home