This current build of the Heinkel He 111B is fighting me all the way. Fit issues, large gaps and lots of cutting, sanding, repeat the same. It is coming on and I invest an hour each day and then leave it, usually for various cements or filler to set.
More sanding over the next few days before I can consider a primer airbrushed on and the undercarriage requires a reset on the port side. Both sides will need new scratch build parts as those in the kit are too short. All in all I am thoroughly enjoying this challenging build and creating solutions to each problem I encounter.
I have to stop myself eyeing up a new build as I still have the Stranraer and the Swordfish waiting in the wings (groan) and the latter just needs decals added. Lack of display space is holding me up and that’s after I removed several more armour builds into a box for storage / eventual disposal. I have a couple of armour kits which are spare copies of kits I have built and I am considering sending them to modelsforheroes.org.uk as they are unstarted and as new kits. I have a few other AFV kits but the majority are aircraft and that is my preferred focus for the future.
Now for a welcome cup of tea and a trip into town as No.1 son said there is some classic car display on in town and surprisingly it wasn’t advertised in the local press. It has piqued my curiosity as he mentioned MG’s and other cars.
TTFN.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home