I did some research and bought this…
The CD player is portable, it has built in speakers and a little remote control allowing me to use it in any room but especially as I am modelling. The sound is good enough for me but I shan’t be using the earbuds as headphones are my preference. I found that I spent more time reading the comments as I listened to podcasts online whilst modelling so I wasn’t fully focused on the model build. So listening to my choice of music rather than adverts or inane presenters on the radio also helps.
We had a monsoon yesterday afternoon with associated thunder and lightning. Unfortunately, I left the bedroom window open (cats can’t get out) and water came in. The first we knew of this was when water dripped through the ceiling! Window closed and mopping up operations commenced. Drying the windowsill out and I realised the two small rascals had removed sealant and scratched the paint off the wooden windowsill.
Winnie, nearest the camera eats the bloody stuff which reinforces her special status necessitating we keep her indoors. She couldn’t be any more different from her brother Wilf who is generally chilled and always returns home after time outdoors. Winter should be interesting as all five of them will be indoors during bad weather although the oldies tend to find quiet spots away from the youngsters. Unfortunately, the two scallywags adore Sherlock and he often wakes up to find one or both of them sleeping beside him. Bless him, he’s old and sleeps very deeply so he isn’t aware they have crept over to join him.
Anyhow, back to the music, feet up and entertaining the little sealant munching miscreant.
TTFN.


3 Comments:
Eating the sealant, yes, it's called pica. Our cats do it as they were rescued feral and taken from mom too soon.
Hamish will eat ribbon, yarn, tissue, etc while Basil likes to lick and bite plastic, bins or film, for example.
It's been an issue and I may not have written about it much. You can re-train their tendencies, to a point, but mostly you just have to adapt your surroundings to protect them from indulging. They can possibly seriously harm themselves otherwise.
Don't mean to be a downer, but worth looking at. Enjoy your music!
Thanks for that Scott. Yes, it is a nuisance and as we discovered it led to rainwater coming in beneath the double glazing in our bedroom and urgently repairs required, little monsters.
I think your portable CD player is the same as the one I got a few months back, except that mine is white.
I know exactly what you mean about intrusive and annoying adverts etc.
Things ain't what they used to be, are they?
- BW
Post a Comment
<< Home