For the past two weeks I have been trialling a carb light diet, an almost but not quite ketogenic diet and I feel much better on it. This weekend I decided to reintroduce more carbs including beer after over three weeks of no beer. Remarkable, yesterday and today I felt bloated, lacking energy and under the weather. It's a nice day out with some weak sunshine and hopefully when I shake this lethargy off I will do some gardening clear up before the rain hits us again. I think after my birthday I will once again stop drinking beer but today I had a breakfast of bacon, sausage (97% pork) and tomatoes, no bread and tea with full fat milk. That new bread maker we bought is glaring at me each time I enter the kitchen! I have found recipes for keto bread but I might stick with the occasional slice from a small Hovis loaf kept in the freezer.
Meanwhile, work in progress on the Jagdpanzer IV /L70 and apart from some further weathering it is complete. I have spotted some errors in the picture above and I will rectify them, always after I have photographed the build! I have started on a diorama for the armoured car and I also plan to do one for the panzer, both from December 1944 and the Battle of the Bulge. I also have a planned late war diorama for the models in the picture below as well as the M10 Tank Destroyer although it might be I opt for a couple of smaller dioramas.
The Japanese Nakajima Ki 84 has had the seams filled with sprue goo, sanded and filled again so that is a slow work in progress. I will return to that over the next few days as I await contact from the plasterer as to when he will be calling in to do the work. I hope it is next week as I would like to get out and about this week although the prediction is for wet and windy weather or, according to the hyperbole from the media, hurricanes, tornadoes and death to anyone out in the open! That's when they aren't predicting the next plague or war.
TTFN.


2 Comments:
I do think carbs have a lot to answer for.
They certainly do. It's only recently that I have picked up on this but I'll adopt a mixed diet as full ketogenic diet looks too extreme to me. Interestingly, a doctor compared the carnivore diet with a vegan one and came to the conclusion that both work because they are disciplined and exclude processed foods. I like my baked beans and hummus so could not go without them.
Post a Comment
<< Home