Thursday, September 07, 2023

 I had a lengthy chat with the insurance company and it is seen as fair wear and tear which I expected. I was chancing my luck as there had been cracks there over the past year. It looks like there was water damage many years ago, long before we moved in here. I'm not surprised as the amount of bodge its and short cuts taken by previous occupants accounts for why we got the house cheap.


We will look for a plasterer and get an assessment and costs for repair and I guess this will take precedence over the garden gate and fence as I would like to stop any further damage. It is dry, no damp or water but the leak long ago and age finally caught up. 


I had been working on the armoured car when we heard the crash and my initial thought was the cats but they were all out. After the clear up it was tea and sitting out in the garden although work outside and the heat drove me back indoors. I forgot to add, during the clear up I was attacked by Henry Hoover! He fell from the landing and luckily he was saved by hitting my left hand which is cleaned up and now covered with a large plaster. 

I think a further quiet contemplation of the garden and more tea might help restore my equilibrium.

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

YouTube and DIY, in lieu of medelling for the next few weeks!

Mr BW swears by them, and if you have the skills for modelling, you have the skills for DIY.

9:39 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

Yes, BW, but this looks rather tall and on a staircase, I believe. And now with a bum left hand, very sketchy. ;)

Seriously, I'd likely hire a pro for this particular task, too.

Glad it wasn't the cats!

11:43 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

I'll definitely be hiring a professional as I had a day or so with a very painful left hand. I'm ok with heights but but where this is situated I won't be doing the job as it is too unsafe for me on a ladder.

8:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home