Saturday, August 26, 2023

 An unexpected start to the day as the bookshelves I ordered and expected next week arrived this morning. It saved me from pottering around the garden although I am under orders from Sue to chill out, do nothing and leave the chores until next week. A short while later and with the help of No.1 son we assembled one set of shelves.


Books dusted and moved in and a few models plonked on top although I forbore from dusting them as a soft brush is required. We'll assemble the second unit tomorrow and I will hoover and dust the room after moving some of the unwanted stuff out. I have filled two bags with books for the charity shop and the spare bed will also be removed at some point and an old armchair moved in. 


After clear coating the two current builds I made a start on another very old and cheap kit which I plan to build out of the box. 


Fuselage and wings glued. sanded and some filler applied to the wing roots. Left to set for tomorrow and sanding the filler. I will take my time with this because I can set it aside and come back to it at any time. It is finally beginning to dawn on me that I have lots of time and there is no hurry to do anything.

A short break and then a long break as a phone call interrupted me, then a thunderstorm and just now back to the blog. I certainly wasn’t expecting the thunderstorm. 

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Bookshelf looking good! My I enquire where you sourced them?

Sounds like you are making a comfy den.

I fully endorse the wise words of your wise wife - do as she says!

12:50 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

It is a VASAGLE Bookcase I ordered from amazon.

I had been looking at second hand shelf units on e bay but collection was gioing to be an issue when I found this on line. It is easy to put together and very solid.

Yes, a comfy den and a place for my books and completed models.

Lol, yes...Sue has insisted I rest and do as little as possible. She knows how tired I am and how much the job has taken out of me.

2:15 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Thanks, many of those items look much more stylish than IKEA. I have bookmarked them for when we have finished current projects.

9:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home