Thursday, August 10, 2023

 An update on the current build, the Heinkel He 177 and I am annoyed with myself as I copied the colour scheme for one aircraft for the correct green camouflage scheme but discovered it was not correct for the aircraft I am modelling. Hence, some brush painting of water thinned acrylics required. It shouldn't detract because I still have some more airbrushing to do of the finished scheme.


Some sub-assemblies now attached and left aside to dry thoroughly away from prying cats. Sherlock decided to sit in the middle of it all this morning. I put everything away and fussed him and he is feeling much better. Booked in for his surgery next week poor little fella.

Tree surgeon also booked for next week and it will be a busy week. Work has a number of staff on leave and it's my busy week as well. Another major incident which I can't say much about although it has made the media. In good news I was asked by my manager to join the bank for the team and it was agreed that after a good break I will be offered occasional days for duty work and assessments both of which I do enjoy. Even if I do that for a year or so it won't be too onerous and it was good to have several staff including the consultants ask me to do duty work. It's nice to be appreciated but after next week I will glad to reach Saturday and rest as the veterinary surgery and the tree removal will very much unsettle the cats. 

Do you know, I am sitting here listening to Mott the Hoople and The Faces with multiple sirens via the open window. They have been on and off all morning which doesn't bode well. 

I must away as unusually it is dry and the sun is attempting to break through. Time to set the chairs up in the garden and enjoy it whilst it lasts.

TTFN. 

6 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

"In good news I was asked by my manager to join the bank for the team and it was agreed that after a good break I will be offered occasional days for duty work and assessments"

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Bet that 'good break' turns into just the next week after you retire...

Won't you still have to keep up your accreditation and do a full quota of CPD (in your own time and at your own cost) to keep your registration and be allowed to practice?

Plus, by the time you have paid tax and NI, it may not be as worth your while as you'd hope... While it might be very nice that they have flattered you and stroked your ego to help them out of a staffing crisis, this may not be best for you/your short and long-term health.

Just sayin'...

1:33 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Lol, spot on BW.

They will be desperate during September but I have stated I will be out of county and unavailable for several weeks. Don't worry, I recognise ego stroking particularly from managers and take it with a pinch of salt. If I am not happy I just won't do it and will quite happily stay at home.

Yes, I do have to keep my accreditation and CPD but they recently realised they have to offer the CPD and pay bank staff to do it.
I would have to do 450 hours / annum and I can do that fairly easily over the next year.

2:08 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

If you take out holidays that's a day and a half a week... hardly retiring!!!

9:32 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Guilty as charged BW!

I can't quite remove the worries I have about finances having struggled for so many years so just having some come in keeps that anxiety at bay. At least for the next year and I can then quit work completely.

4:01 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I can totally understand that in the current economic climate. Just please don't be talked into doing too much. I'll stop nagging you now!

12:09 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Lol. Thank you.

I have revalidation in 2025 and I will let my registration lapse by then but it could be that next year I decide to stop altogether anyway and fully retire.

1:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home