Thursday, August 03, 2023

 A satisfying productive day with the car sorted and the tree surgeon visiting tomorrow to assess and quote for the tree removal. The car runs very nicely now and no shaking when I drive at sixty and above with the tracking fixed and the bald tyre replaced. On my return parking as ever is a nightmare around here between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. as the gym bunnies, fake tanned  bimbos / himbos (tanning shop up the road) and shop workers all take up space, sometimes the one person fulfils all three of those criteria. Once the youth centre is up and running parking will be nigh well impossible but  they haven't yet started the work on that yet. 

I airbrushed the underneath and lower half of the Heinkel 177 with a mix of sky blue and white ( 80 / 20 %) plus a few drops of thinner but the airbrush required a thorough clean before it sprayed properly. Afterwards I gave it a very thorough wash and brush through but I don't doubt when I use it tomorrow I will again encounter the same problems of a sticking needle or inadequate spray. 


However. it turned out alright in the end and I am pleased with the result. I'll leave it to cure and clear coat later, leaving me to finish the undercarriage and other parts that need attaching. I will then tape off preparatory to airbrushing the upper surface in the late war splinter camouflage, clear coat that and then airbrush further camouflage on top of that.


I'm finding the book below very useful for this especially as it has two photographs and a colour picture of the very aircraft I am modelling.


Keeping me happy despite the ferocious boiling* weather we are experiencing outside despite the forecast stating it would be dry and cloudy only. Tea and listening to Hawkwind to help me through a lovely relaxed afternoon.

TTFN.

*Wet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

As parking is such a problem, is there any chance of asking your local council (via your local councillor) to instate residents' parking, or times when people cannot park (eg an hour a day, 10am - 11am stops those who'd otherwise leave their cars all day)?

Smiling at the idea of those who fulfil all 3 criteria :)

8:49 pm  
Blogger Scoakat said...

I was thinking the same thing about the parking.

Seems odd to me to get just one new tire. I've always gotten them 2 or 4 at a time.

You must be getting quite a collection of books just from modeling!

10:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home