Some slow progress this morning mainly because Sherlock decided he needed my immediate attention and applying lots of tiny decals is time consuming. I ensured I had a couple of hours in the garden reading and enjoying another dry morning before the rain arrived which also adds to the slow progress.
I am also enjoying the last days with the tree and Sue is fully expecting me to hug it and say goodbye before it gets the chop. Sad to see it go but we will get so much of the garden back and I don't have to worry about the impact upon our immediate neighbour.
I made a quick trip to Lidl as No.1 son said there are lots of tools in the middle aisle. sadly, there wasn't anything I wanted as I hoped there might be a weed twist and remove tool since our one broke. But I bought some Belgian beers and Frikadelle which Sue really likes from her time living in Germany. I had planned on visiting some of the charity shops but I think I made the wise decision to avoid buying any more junk and bringing it home. The roads were surprisingly quiet although the shop was busy. I guess many people have gone away on holiday or are spending the day in Cleethorpes.
TTFN.


2 Comments:
Are you going to keep some of the tree trunk? Who knows, you might take up wood carving in your retirement years.
Or you could use some of the larger branches to edge things in the garden.
Or get them to leave you some of the chippings - great for mulch for beds when they have rotted down for a few months. The pile will reduce by at least half as they compost down. Wish I was nearer - I'd have the lot!
Sue and I had that discussion and we intend to keep some of the chippings for a mulch.
On my travels I see some large trees felled by man or nature and often think a large log to carve a seat out of could be useful.
Post a Comment
<< Home