Friday, August 25, 2023

 Second day post retirement and I have to admit I feel exhausted. No surprise there and I guess a couple of weeks in a new more relaxed routine will do me the power of good. At the moment I feel like it's just my usual days off and I intend to relax for a few days, some modelling, some small jobs around the house and gentle walks only. I have to pop into work today to sign off my last mileage claim and that will be it. I have agreed to do some assessments from the end of October as a bank nurse but that will involve very little driving other than a commute to base. My plan is to do that as and when for the next year and then stop altogether. The important thing is do I feel happy having left? Bloody right I do! A huge relief to have stepped away and a few colleagues said they envied me escaping the nonsense although one pointed out I had done thirty eight years and I was due parole!

I received my new airbrush yesterday, a fine example of German engineering and I had ordered a new hose and appropriate hose connectors.


Naturally, up at 05.30 this morning and after breakfast I immediately made use of it. I have been in bed for 9 pm every night over the last couple of weeks hence the very early mornings.


I need more practice in using it but I am pleased with the result and it cleaned up very well after use. I do have to consider another compressor but that can wait.


I also finally completed the FW 190 with homemade stencils and a necessary clean up after my first effort was dreadful. The swastika is a decal but I am pleased with the stencil outcomes. I used sticky tape and cut it to size and shape. Although the colour scheme is not 100% correct I will leave it as is. I ordered a cheap kit from evil bay which had been started and the box looks like it was eaten by mice and sat upon by a large cat. All the parts are there and I am pleased as it was cheap as chips but I have a voucher as part of my leaving presents for these kits. I dry fitted the wings and engine nacelles and they are a good fit.


Again, another night fighter and one of my favourite aircraft which I might start on next.

Otherwise, the next few days over the bank holiday weekend will see me clearing the garden and a general house tidy up as I can take my time and apply myself to completing some overdue jobs. I am looking forward to doing things for us instead of for other people, to enjoying life and exploring this new chapter in my life.

TTFN.


4 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Congratulations on your retirement!

6:55 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you Scott!

12:37 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Sending best wishes for a long, happy, fulfilling and relaxing retirement. I am glad you are not rushing straight back.

Hope you got a good send off.

12:46 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you BW, I did get a good send off. It still hasn't sunk in yet but a couple of weeks will see that happen.

2:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home