Sunday, September 17, 2023

 


A couple of days of chores around the house including sanding an interior door that kept sticking and needed to be slammed to shut it. Annoying for us and the neighbours but I always believed that wooden doors swelled up in damp weather, not in warm weather. Apparently they do as the wood fibres expand in warm weather so this is the second time I have had to sand this door. I bought a small sander for it instead of doing it the hard way which I did last time for this door. But I also had a couple of days sat out in the garden, soaking up the last of the summer rays, admiring the plethora of spiders which Sue detests. Unbelievably, Sue found the Willow tree sprouting again so we have removed those shoots and the stump is slowly rotting away. I have also taken to enjoying short walks as part of my daily routine to build up my strength. Early days yet and struggling with it but patience and perseverance will hopefully get me through this.

I also quickly dived into a new build as can be seen above, a Jagdpanzer IV / L70, a turretless tank destroyer although this one is currently missing it's gun and is very much a work in progress. A simple build but fit of some of the parts leaves much to be desired and will require extras on top to camouflage the gap. I plan to finish this in a small diorama once I have completed some more research for an Ardennes battle vehicle.


Sherlock is thriving since his operation and this is one of the rare occasions he was in overnight. The little bugger has a new lease of life and he is lively, out exploring most evenings and he has a healthy appetite. When the weather finally changes I suspect we will have no problems getting him in at night.

Otherwise a quiet but productive weekend and I am slowly getting used to this retirement lark. 

TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home