Thursday, September 14, 2023

 A day out yesterday to scout out some of the Barrows shown on my OS map as the weather was dry and reasonably warm. What I hadn't factored in was forgetting my walking boots and the mud from the previous days rain which lasted nearly twenty four hours. So I looked from afar and made a mental note of where I can see them again in the future and having now found the above page I have a better idea what to look for. A pleasant day out and as Sue pointed out to me, I can hug trees, get fresh air and get away from the modelling table. Speaking of which...


I focused on the three figures for the diorama and there will be some other additions as I work out the base. Despite brush painting a slightly thinned matt clear coat, the Puma still looks shiny. Washes and weathering required next but I shall leave that for tomorrow. A quiet day in today as despite keeping my walking yesterday to a minimum I am paying the price today and having to rest. It shows me I do need to walk as often as I can within reasonable limits although the rain today has put the kibosh on that. But it also allowed me to clear out some of the cardboard boxes in the back room as they have piled up there. Something satisfying in breaking them down and now all in the recycling bin. There is so much packaging but I guess we'd complain if the contents were damaged because they weren't protected!

We have booked a plasterer via Trust a trader for the ceiling work and interestingly he is originally from Essex as I surmised from his accent. He's not available until the end of the month but I'm happy with that as the work isn't urgent and apparently plasterers are in great demand.

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Those long barrows look fascinating.

I think that using one of the checked trader websites is a very good idea. But, be aware that tradespeople can ask to have negative reviews removed from most if not all of them. Of course you'll know how I know ;)

Although interestingly, I note the phrase 'and on time' has now been removed from our builder's profile blurb, so maybe some notice was taken of the honest review I made. 33 weeks to do an 11 week job. Just as well it was of excellent build quality and to our exacting spec.

12:49 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

I am still flabbergasted that an eleven week build took so long and how you both survived it. Six weeks last year for us drove us mad let alone 33 weeks.

Yes, several long barrows but lots of round barrows as well via the on-line OS maps. My old OS maps are about ten plus years out of date but they do for this.

2:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home