Friday, December 02, 2022

Third day off and much needed, doing very little although I have spent time at the modelling table, cats permitting!


 Some more paint added to the armoured car and two headless figures plus a mule from another kit added for interest. The stowage kit has been dry fitted for size and a further clear coat, paints and weathering will be on-going.


I bought the kit for the gun which I might add to the LRDG Chevrolet truck and use the figures elsewhere. The armoured car diorama will probably take another couple of weeks and it has been an enjoyable build so far despite my errors.

However, model build put aside and cats removed from the vicinity and I have started white washing the walls in preparation for a suitable top coat. Having done the two walls that needed attention I had a much needed cup of tea and I sit here wheezing and spluttering. Once those two walls are dry then top coat applied and the two shelf units can be moved back freeing up the model room for a necessary clean up. There is still dust and mess from the builders in various nooks and crannies and we can finally start on that. I can also begin to move the completed models back onto the shelves. Taking my time with this over the next two weeks so the lounge can be ready for Xmas but doesn't cause me too many problems with my back and knees. 

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Paint is nasty stuff (even if it actually smells less now than it used to), I'm not surprised you are suffering.

It is incredible where builders' mess gets.

Good luck getting it all back ship shape. Or should that be tank shape? ;)

FOTCR™ is cancelled in our house.

6:41 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks BW, yes it gets everywhere!

Having read your latest blogs I’m not surprised you have cancelled any celebrations. Look after yourselves.

11:26 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Thanks delcatto.
Hope your clean up is going OK.

12:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home