A week at work I do not want to repeat as lots of driving in bad weather on bad roads, lots of visits and constant pressure as staff off again with covid and demands for a service continue to increase. This was also brought home to me in a ligature training session yesterday where unfortunately I broke down as the hanging incident from two years ago was brought up and I was asked about it. I thought I had put that to bed but clearly I haven't and for me, it's an indication that I am very stressed. So I am very happy to now have my days off and I have booked extra days off next week for a car service and a break from work. The other good news which I intended to keep until after next Wednesday is that my role will change. I have been asked to run the clinics from next February and give up my caseload. It will be busy and the routine involves driving out to various clinics / homes to perform the various tasks but it will be purely clinical and I am following the route of a previous colleague who did this until she retired. I have become increasingly aware of the youth of lots of new staff and my recent loss of interest in the students are also indicators of my gradual preparation for the next phase of my life. Not a negative perspective but a realistic one as it tells me I have served my time and preparing for that next phase.
This little bugger is causing problems for Sherlock as he is growing bigger and Sherlock has become a quivering anxious wreck, literally shaking with fear. We don't allow Jerry in and Maisie had taken to chasing him away but didn't this morning, hence he wandered in but left when I shooed him out. He hasn't been neutered yet and that might be one reason why Sherlock is afraid of him. Happily, Sherlock is now kipping on a pile of clean laundry and we have left him there as he is settled. I am taking a complete break today, having awakened at 5 a.m. but surprisingly chipper in mood and looking forward to doing as little as possible and possibly doing some model painting later. But after several days of rain it is currently sunny outside and it might tempt me out for a walk.
TTFN.

5 Comments:
Brilliant news! Your relief is evident in the tone of your writing today.
I always am reassured when i go to a medical appointment and find the person conducting it is not a 20 or 30 something. I'd much rather see someone with some experience - of life as well as clinical practice.
Re the memories brought up again... do you know anyone who is trained in EMDR? Despite it's weirdness, it's very quick and usually effective, from my personal as well as my professional experience. In fact, I think I will train Mr BW up as I could use a few sessions right now!!!
Have a relaxing few days off.
Thank you BW, yes very relieved and much happier now.
I know EMDR but I haven't been trained in it and our team psychologist uses it.It is very quick and effective and I have argued for us to have the training because our job would be so much easier.
I forgot what I was going to say, had to go look up EMDR. Interesting, I'd not heard of it before.
Hope you took that walk. I've been lapsing since the colder weather and reluctance to use the treadmill.
Not sure if I asked before, but do you have a cat door or just an open window or door?
When I did my EMDR training (years ago, when it first came out) it was a 3 hour course... and I got a stifcat. It's a very useful technique. Maybe your team psychologist could do a couple of unofficial quick sessions for you?
I took that walk Scott and paid for it later as I overdid it. I enjoyed the walk and it was dry and sunny for a lovely change. We really need a cat flap as we are forever opening and closing the door for the little buggers. They haven't worked out that going through an open window is also a way in and out. They're lovely but not very bright whereas random cats wander in if a window is left open!
I have some knowledge of EMDR but I will ask our psychologist. She is one of the loveliest and most sensible, grounded people I know.
Post a Comment
<< Home