Friday, November 11, 2022

 The good news is that from the first week of January I will be working three days a week, Monday to Wednesday and four days off a week. A very welcome move and after the last few weeks I can't wait. As I've said several times in earlier blogs, this will be a gradual move to my retiring fully from nursing and being a full time grumpy old man. I am watching old episodes of 'Last of the Summer Wine' for instructions about living as a full time pensioner. It seems to involve being a nuisance, somewhat daft, crashing a variety of homemade vehicles into hedges and spending time in local pubs. Sounds good to me.

Speaking of homemade vehicles I have started on my latest much anticipated build, the Rolls Royce Armoured car. I had a very early night last night and I was up at 04.45 this morning so an early start on this build in between the cats showing an interest in what I was doing!


I have bought some aftermarket kits (shown above) for a New Zealand trooper and stowage aboard the armoured car.


Work so far on the engine and the wheels and if built closed down, the engine is unlikely to be seen so I won't be super detailing the engine with paint. I plan to build an armoured car circa 1940 in the Western Desert fighting against the Italians. There is an Italian car, the Camionetta Sahariana which I would love to build and add it to a diorama for this but it is rarer than hens teeth and wasn't used until later in 1942. 

This build should keep me busy for a couple of weeks but from January I shall have more time for modelling but also for walking as I want to start rebuilding my core strength for walking. For today, I have shopping and necessary chores to attend to and a catch up with various podcasts and music.

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Congratulations! Now don't let them change their mind or the timeline, stick to your guns.

Walking is always good, but how has your knee been and does colder weather affect it? I've been using a fitbit to keep track of steps and exercise for some time now. The sleep info is also very interesting. If you don't have one I think you might enjoy it, too.

Happy modeling!

10:17 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks Scott. I am happy with this decision and I do see it as a move to retirement. I plan to retire in March 2025 at the latest but I might go before that date as I sort out my finances and my health.

My right knee is so so but better than it was. The problem is my left leg as it has had to do more of the work and the calf muscles have caused me problems. I have ordered a couple of diet books as part of my lifestyle changes, 'Pinch of Nom' and the 'Hairy Bikers Eat to Beat Diabetes' so I can start planning healthier meals.
I used to have a fitbit but I never got on with it as I don't like wearing anything tight around my wrists. It was good for step counting and seeing how much I had walked each day.

7:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home