Saturday, October 08, 2022

 The last of the birthday presents arrived apart from an Annotated Sherlock Holmes book which is somewhere in transit.


The armoured car is a 1/35 model of that used by the South African forces in East Africa and then later used more widely by the allies in North Africa and elsewhere. I have been after one for ages and having missed out on bidding for a cheap resin model of this because I was at work, I decided to use the birthday money to buy one. The ground crew are for the diorama of the Bf 110 as no figures came with the kit. I have looked for a model of Sherlock Holmes and they are out there and it might be a future build for me.


TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I have seen those armoured cars in several museums in South Africa. There are lots of museums, even in very small towns, and they always have interesting things. Proper museums, not the pretty pretty buldings with dumbed-down interactive whizzy displays that pass for museums in many places in this country now.

1:56 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

I'd love to see some of those museums and the vehicles in there. I used to love museums as a kid and I was spoilt for choice as South Kensington was easily accessible for the museums.

4:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home