Friday, September 23, 2022

...And relax. Ten days off away from the madness and time to put my feet up or not as the case will be. Some redecorating will be done as we plan to have one of the rooms ship shape this week despite Sue and I between us making up one fit person! I have a tip run planned for the last of the rubbish from a further clear out and hopefully we can give the model room a good deep clean once shelving units have been moved back into the completed room. I had also planned to see my mother this coming week but as I discovered at work I cannot drive for too long so my plan is to travel down in a few weeks time when I have my reduced hours at work and in the meantime can do something about my injuries. I use a knee brace and I now have a walking cane for my walks, thank you BW, I will need it tonight because the Vikings are coming to town and we plan to be there to see them. I have been looking forward to this for weeks and there will be plenty of photos and video for the blog.


This was the progress last night on the Spitfire as I applied decals and enjoyed a wee dram of Irish Whiskey. Our team manager finishes today so I will join the daily video meeting to say goodbye and the senior manager also leaves...we will be without a manager for the next five weeks and down to very few staff. This week we also saw an upsurge in requests for food banks and it is only just autumn. This will be a very hard winter for many and there will be trouble ahead. I'm off for coffee and breakfast and a start to tidying up plus Sue has again reminded me to order the new front door which is also on my list.

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I just feel actually physically sick every time I hear something about what the Tories are doing to Britain.

Managerless has potential for some fun :)

5:36 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Lol! Yes, manageress could be interesting BW.

I think the Tories are screwing the public after reading about the shenanigans by Tory ministers and their families / friends making profits from betting on the currencies / stock exchange prior to and after the budget.

11:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home