Progress thus far on the Bf 110 with the aircraft built and most of the airbrushing completed. It is ready for the decals, a further clear coat and then the washes and weathering. A lengthy build but one I wanted to do some justice to but there is a lot of decals and I have been putting this off as there are a lot of tiny decals. I will be working on the figures and the diorama and this will be completed over the next month. Much of this will depend on my work situation as I am waiting to have my changed hours confirmed once the new manager is settled in. There is also the wider context with the revolving door political situation with a new month, a new chancellor and now a new PM! I now have no idea what will happen next other than life is becoming increasingly difficult for many people. But for MH services, short staffed and and already struggling to deal with the increased demand for services it will get worse. We just carry on at work, at home whilst this shambles is unfolding and the trickle down effect doesn't bring money but certainly brings a lot of crap for people.
Updated: I wrote the above twice over the past week but chose not to post as I have been exhausted, a combination of work and I assume post viral fatigue.
I put some work in today on the decals and some paint touch ups and gluing on the small pieces that had fallen off.
I have the swastikas to apply to the tail and then a wash but for now the clear coat is drying on the upper surface and a coat applied to the lower surface possibly tomorrow. I am pleased with this build and an enjoyable one and I shall work on the diorama next. The kit below arrived in the post this morning, an unusual vehicle which has wheels for road use and tracks for cross country and completely new to me. I hummed and ahhed whether to buy it and it was Sue who suggested I do as the new 1/16 scale Tiger 1 tank that is currently on offer I decided to refrain from buying. For the price of the one larger scale tank I could buy three or four 1/35 scale models!
In other news, I have never known so many people laid low by dreadful colds, flu like symptoms and chest infections but no positive LFT's when tested. Sue was ill for a week with a high fever and flu; I was unwell for a few days and several people at work off sick, family and friends are sick. Hence the extreme tiredness with early nights and struggling to stay awake each evening. I have talked with my new manager and she will look at which three days I will work, hopefully from December as I move towards my eventual retirement. Hopefully all is well wherever you are and ignore the media, our government might be a shambles but for us it is still business as usual until the lights do go out!
TTFN.





2 Comments:
These are certainly interesting times, aren't they? Hope the next is better and lends some stability, at least.
Do the cats ever lay together? Ours do, and groom each other, but they are from the same litter. I think that was a good decision for us, plus never giving them our food. Best decision ever - they don't beg!
*Knock wood, no rash of illness around here that I've seen. The news speaks of the high hospitalization rates of pediatric respiratory illnesses, though.
Not just interesting, but scary times, too. Stay well.
We used to look at other countries (Italy) in astonishment with their ever changing political leaders and now the UK is a political basket case. With the crazy politics, energy issues and illnesses I am just waiting for a plague of locusts and raining frogs!
Sherlock and Mindy like each other but they never lie together and Maisie really dislikes her daughter. Good call not giving your cats your food. Sherlock is always scrounging and Watson used to supervise cooking in the kitchen with his eye on getting titbits.
Stay well and warm.
Post a Comment
<< Home