After some thought I decided on my next build and opted for one of the armour kits.
I have some figures already partially prepared for this kit and I plan a small diorama to set it in. Ideally I would like to set it in North Africa but this particular model served only in France, the Balkans and Russia. There were only thirty eight models made before the gun was added to the Panzer II chassis instead.
This will keep me busy over the next two - three weeks as I plan a slow build and the individual tracks are tiny and will take most of my time. Another one of those small Panzer I kits that I like. and this will join the collection I have built so far.
I have started some DIY work involving wood glue and the stair wall dado rail which I had put off last weekend as the easiest of the two jobs needing my attention this weekend. I will pretend it is a 1:1 scale model I am making!
TTFN.


3 Comments:
Definitely and odd-looking tank. I see some differences between the box and picture, mainly the two round spoked things on the front. Were there many variations of the 38 made?
Sounds like a good way to approach DIY as a modeler!
That tank looks so alien to us in the West.
Don't know what you are doing to the stair wall dado rail, but would 'No More Nails' be a better product to use? Unless of course you are simply sticking wood to wood, and not wood to stair wall, as I am assuming (probably incorrectly!!!).
An odd tank and a stopgap until they found better solutions when they used other tank chassis to mount the gun on. I hadn’t realised that the wheels on the front identify a specific vehicle in Russia of July 1942 so I will model that one.
I used some adhesive that sticks the wood to the wall. It’s a repair job as it was coming away as I lean heavily on the rail when negotiating the stairs. It has done a very good job.
Post a Comment
<< Home