Sunday, April 17, 2022

It is finally completed and No, I shan't be adding anything else to it apart from an aerial.


It has been on my modelling table for a long time as I wanted to do it justice and it was a satisfying build. The painting was the best part plus the decals and I have learnt a lot about using metal paints.



I have the same kit in my stash and I will build another version of this at a future date in another livery. 



After finishing this yesterday evening I had a look through the stash for the next build. Sue suggested something other than tanks or aircraft as this plane is colourful, perhaps a car. I have bid on model cars on evil bay but never been successful, A Triumph TR 4A and an old thirties car which went for a crazy figure but it's the odd cars that appeal, like a Morris Minor or Citroen 2CV. However, I have now started on the next build, a 'modern' colourful aircraft that ia appealing.



The Fouga CM 170 Magister, a French aircraft in the livery of the Irish Air Corps. It is a jet trainer but was a mainstay of various smaller countries back in the day. 


A very quick build with few parts and going together quite easily but I have cracked the glass canopy drilling a small hole for a part. I will have to repair that or ignore it! Primarily silver and bright red / orange in colour which appealed to me plus my first Irish aircraft. 

Being a Bank Holiday weekend I planned to get some necessary DIY jobs completed but I have to admit I have done bugger all apart from relax, sleep and read. The usual back, knee and elbow problems but surprisingly excessive tiredness. I shook off my lethargy today and cut the grass and broke the lawnmower thanks to a hidden piece of concrete emerging from the grass! Happily the grass has been cut and I will need a new lawnmower or a strimmer. The latter appeals as more easily stored and the lawn is quite a small area, currently more weeds than grass. The tiredness I believe is a consequence of work as a hell of a lot is currently happening and I admit to being tired of it all. Time for a piriton and a cuppa plus paranormal podcasts. Happy Easter folks and stay well.

TTFN.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Happy Easter!

I am intrigued by the naming and girls on planes. I know nothing about it - can you assist?

A strimmer will never cut grass so it looks like a lawn. DAMHIK.

The differing shapes of planes is amazing. And they all fly!

9:10 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks BW.

Named after wives or girlfriends. There are websites that provide information about ‘nose art’ on aircraft and the good thing is that history of individual aircraft can be found. It’s not something I know about so for me this was great research for this plane.

Yes, we decided to opt for another lawn mower as this one is beyond repair and it is now ten years or older.

9:26 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Ah, so does that 'nose art' being so personal mean that one plane was always flown by one person?

I will be interested to know what lawn mower you eventually go for, and how it performs. We will eventually have just a small area of grass (plants being nicer than lawn, beds are ever-extending).

6:53 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

I intend to put some large pots in over time for plants and try to rduce the 'lawn'. I will post up the lawnmower we buy .

Fighter planes changed pilots apparently which I didn't know.

12:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home