Having gone for a short walk this morning which was finished even earlier owing to pain in my right calf with dreadful cramp. I suspected it resulted from my method of walking over the last two years as I compensate for my sore right knee which has led to the calf muscle not stretching properly. A quick google and appropriate stretching exercises found which I will have to do several times each day to gently stretch the muscle back into its proper shape. I suspected this a week or so ago as I noticed problems climbing stairs and I thought then the muscle might have shortened. It has scuppered my plans for the second weekend in a row and yet another health warning. Fingers crossed it is an easy fix and gently does it! I'm not ready for that mobility scooter yet and hopefully never have need of one.
Talking of mobility...well, it has wheels and tracks.
I cut the plasticard to size and glued it in plus some dark green paint beneath. Tracks sealed together and fitted but the rear wheel is easily removed if I have to make any adjustments as the tracks will require painting. I dry brushed with black acrylic paint some raised parts to make it stand out and add to the metalized effect.
I finished up early because Sherlock decided I had to worship and fuss him as he sprawled across the desk.The metal gun requires some of the olive drab paint as it is too green which I will apply plus mud, dirt and some snow to the tracks and wheels as this will be a model circa early 1945 post Ardennes battle. I still have the Churchill and BT-7 tanks to finish off and I will compare and contrast the three together in a couple of photos.
Talking with Sue yesterday and I have acquired an evening decompression routine with a cup of tea, fuss the cats and watch an old British gentle comedy. 'Are You Being Served ' but the past three weeks I also watch Last of the Summer Wine which usually has me chortling along but does have some real laugh out loud moments. I suggested to Sue that there are stages in the British ageing process with an interest in gardening as the start and along the way an interest in Last of the Summer Wine! I never thought I would be looking forward to watching this each evening but I do and the humour, the characters, the countryside keeps me glued to the two episodes shown each evening. I guess a hearkening back to a gentler simpler time that really didn't truly exist is part of it but also escapist enjoyable nonsense. It is currently much needed, not just from work but from all of the nonsense. It certainly does the trick and another reason to heal my leg as I want to visit Holmfirth and enjoy walking the area where the programme was filmed. I'll be wearing a flat cap and buying a whippet next although I think a terrier of indeterminate origin has always been my pooch of choice.
TTFN.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home