Ta daah! The Gloster Meteor in 1/72 scale is finished apart from one small detail I have to paint in but will save for another time. I have started another build as I wait for delivery of the replacement Sherman tank gun. Here it is dry fitted to ensure the parts fit and if any extra work is required.
Another WW2 jet fighter, the Messerschmitt Me 262 although it was initially used as a bomber.
It's the Frog kit and like the completed Airfix Meteor it is an oldie but a goodie from the seventies. It is a bit hit and miss buying old kits because some will be cheap as chips and others, deemed rarities will command a King's ransom. The latter I avoid but this will be the last of the cheap kits I bought over the last couple of years as I changed focus to better modern kits that cost more but have better parts and details. Interestingly, there is a debate in the modelling world about buying Russian made kits (I won't provide a link) but if a retailer is selling one I think it is permissible. The only person to lose out will be the retailer who has already paid for the kit. I shan't mention the war (cf Basil Fawlty) as the media is chocker with stories, myths, lies and occasionally news and social media is very much beyond the pale with the war. It is sad to see such awful scenes and worrying. I studied Russian history as part of the degree course but it in no way means I have a valid or correct opinion as to the current mess. I would only add that many ordinary Russians do not want this war and are also victims of Putin and the oligarchs. Hence my more than usual immersion in modelling and listening to music.
No 1 son has bought himself a car and is currently like a dog with two tails. It is an older sensible car but he needs it for the HGV course he has signed up to as he will have to attend training schools. Naturally it has piqued my interest in cars again but sadly I have some house repairs to get started on and get quotes, the work done and paid for this year. By the end of the year I can then look at cars and if we haven't been annihilated in a nuclear armageddon the house should be less damp and draughty!
I'm already looking at a larger scale model of Meteors which I can justice to!
TTFN.
3 Comments:
Your output amazes me!
Is that a beer top I spy in the last photo? ;)
Thank you BW.
Yes, I use beer caps for paint holders. This one has white spirit in with a drop of washing up liquid for the oil paints. Allows it to be applied and remove enough to do a pin wash or general wash. Smallest cat Mindy scatters and chases them around the house when she isn’t destroying kitchen and toilet rolls!
BW Blue Star for excellent reuse there :)
I hadn't thought of that one, although we do the same with milk carton tops, they don't have enough weight sometimes.
Post a Comment
<< Home