Thursday, February 10, 2022

 


Making progress on the new build, an Italian Caproni Ca 311 which has been in the stash for a couple of years. Apparently a kit for an experienced modeller from a couple of reviews I read  and so it has proved for now. A bit finicky with some small parts needing a lot of care and attention but going smoothly so far.


Dry fitted and held together with tape and the glass house canopy will require a very careful hand when painting.

All of the above from yesterday but I decided to hold off until today when I have more progress in the build to report.


The undercarriage assembled and glued in after painting and the engines assembled and added to the wings and all glued in. Some filler will be required to the underneath of the wing roots, wheels added and other small parts before I start painting. 

I tend to listen to podcasts or music when I am modelling although there is a you tube channel (Bite sized audio classics) I thoroughly recommend where someone narrates old Victorian and Edwardian ghost / strange stories that are great to listen to. The usual M R James and E F Benson although there were three Benson* brothers writing stories plus H G Wells and Doyle. I read the books but they can sometimes be quite rich in the use of language and very much of that time but thoroughly enjoyable. I also received the following boxed set I had ordered a few days ago...


I enjoy 'old' British comedies although I am loathe to refer to it as old since the series cover my teenage years and early twenties. Very much not politically correct by todays standards but very funny and thoroughly enjoyable. I will add this to the sets of 'Allo 'Allo, It Ain't Half Hot Mum and Dad's Army for future viewing  as I dip in and out of them. Are there old programmes or films you go back to time and again?

TTFN.


* The Benson family history is fascinating with their sister an Egyptologist, one brother an Anglican priest converting to Catholicism which for a son of the recently deceased Archbishop of Canterbury caused a sensation and a family history of Bipolar illness. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

I used to enjoy 'Are You Being Served' all the time! Several years ago now, but it used to be on PBS stations here. Very good show, indeed, and they will not make another like it these days.

I watch mostly Youtubers now, but for sports. Otherwise, old sitcoms are usually on the tv here, mostly for background and my wife enjoys them.

I still envy your patience and skill with modelling.

10:42 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

We have had a couple of weeks where each evening an episode of AYBS was shown and I enjoyed them so I bought this to catch up with many missed episodes. A 're-make' was made 3 or 4 years ago and it was awful, not funny at a ll. Too knowing and yet also avoiding any perceived offence to anyone.

I think the modelling has improved my patience and I attempt to improve my skills with each build. I make mistakes, lots of them and some earlier builds I will use as 'practice mules' for painting, clear coats, etc...I also now take my time over each build, knowing when to put it aside and come back to it if I am tired or need fresh eyes or steadier hands to build. It is an absorbing and at times obsessive hobby which helps.

1:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home