Straight into my next build as the 'mud' dries on the Sherman tank and this is one I have long wanted to build, a P 47 Thunderbolt. This will be a nearly all silver paint scheme with some colourful decals and artwork.
This model will be of the box cover art, a 512th USAAF fighter squadron. That's as far as I got when Sherlock and Maisie joined me wanting attention and refusing to take no for an answer! I will get some done tomorrow as I plan a black primer base and then the silver on top using some of the metal paints I have been itching to try again. I also ventured out this afternoon, first time out since Tuesday and the short walk and some shopping left me shattered and in need of rest. Whatever the bug is, it has knocked the stuffing out of me. I plan to cook a curry this evening plus watch some old Time Team episodes on u tube.
TTFN.
* The white blobs on the dials in the cockpit are white glue which will dry clear and form the 'glass' dials.



2 Comments:
Looking good. Clever use of white glue, I shall have to remember that: I'm not planning on taking up modelling, but it could come in handy for something crafty one day.
It's good for small windows and for fixing canopies in place to avoid glue smears. Great for fixing things in place that need a clear coat.
Post a Comment
<< Home