No doom and gloom this time but I am pleased I cracked on with the garden. It took me a couple of hours as I had a couple of breaks to rest and refresh myself. The above shows the cleared space and below is where I moved the bed to. Yes, its original place but I am determined the tree will stay.
I need to buy some more compost and there is a load of garden rubbish for the green collection to be moved. I will do that another day as I have showered, changed and taken a pititon and some pain relief as I can feel my back and knee stiffening already despite working at a gentle pace. But too good an opportunity to miss with sunshine and dry weather. On my to buy list is compost, tomato and chilli plants plus a new garden hoe. The old one rotted through and on my first task to remove a tough weed it snapped and I went into the wall nearly breaking one of my fingers! Evidence of the neglected garden over the past eighteen months. Time to relax, listen to some music and rest under Sue's strict orders!
TTFN.


3 Comments:
I know how you feel!
I like how you make it a small greenhouse with the old windows. But that's probably to keep the cats out, too, if I remember right.
Was that block wall put up by your neighbours? It should provide plenty of heat for growing something up?
The double glazing company thought we were mad when we insisted on keeping the 4 old windows we replaced last summer. They are perfect as cold frame tops, as you do!
Have you tried one of those neoprene back supports I was mentioning to Scoakat?
There is a national compost shortage, so get in quick if you can. No JI 1 (seed) compost to be had in this part of the country, and growbags are selling out fast, I'm told.
Yes Scott, keeps the little blighters out as well as warmth in. Suffering today as joints very stiff and ring finger on my left hand is sore and swollen.
I wasn't aware of a shortage of compost BW. I have some of my own but still not fully rotted and mainly grass with some kitchen scraps. I'll get some in tomorrow after work and load the car boot with three bags which should be enough.
Post a Comment
<< Home