Sunday, March 21, 2021

 A quieter weekend then I had anticipated as my back is again playing up. I decided to potter about and slowly ease it out plus some more time at the modelling table. 


Some of the builds I had put to one side for small dioramas and I can now catch up with. The issue is again one of space to display them and I might have to use the empty 'cat' shelves now that the milder weather is here and they will spend more time outdoors.





Unfortunately they don't seem to have received that message as they are sleeping in odd places around the house, usually where we want to sit!


I also made the mistake of not ensuring plenty of fresh air as I used mineral thinner and oil paints for the LeO 451 yesterday afternoon and paid the price as I felt very odd during the course of the evening. I will crack on with more of this today but stick with the acrylic paints. The LeO has to be left well alone now as the oils can take a few days to dry out as I didn't leach out the linseed oil itself and it is very wet. I caught two of the cats attempting to lick some of the linseed oil spill on the table which is worrying and I quickly cleaned it up. 

I received my DNA test results back and it came as no surprise to discover I am 99.9% Irish / British but the surprise was the 0.1% Peninsular Arab! No Anglo-Saxon or Viking blood at all and the genetic map showed various parts of the west of Ireland and Dublin with a lot of north west England, London and Tyneside. So I am original British with ancestors waving spears and shouting rude words at the Romans in a Brythonic language. Although the DNA is accurate the results might show a more accurate picture as others take the DNA test in future years but I am happy with the results. I am intrigued by the Peninsular Arab bit but I also have a small amount of Neanderthal in me! If my Dad was alive he would be delighted to know I have no English DNA but when I post the results to farce book I shall await the reactions of my cousins in Ireland. 

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Fascinating DNA stuff! Which test did you use?

I've said this before, but I'll say it again... in my next life I am going to be a cat in your house :)

7:45 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

I used 23andMe for the DNA test BW. I didn't do the health part of it as I can do without the percentages for any future potential health problems.
Lol. They have a pampered life the little blighters!

6:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home